A one year contract has been created for one local talent to socialise and network whilst uncovering the BEST the region has to offer! Show us what you’ve got in way of creative flair and your ability to promote businesses on social media.
HOW TO APPLY:
- Attend a local event, business, tourism activity, restaurant, use a local product or service.
- Take a photo and/ or video (no longer than 1 minute) which will best describe this business, how incredible it is and why people should go there. Get creative, edit it and make it engaging and fit for social media.
- Go to the ‘Apply: Cairns Eye Social Butterfly’ tab on the Social Butterfly Marketing FB page or if you are using a mobile device, click on the ‘learn more’ button and it will direct you to the entry form.
- Upload your photo and/or video using a caption which is sure to get the people in the Cairns region excited about your promotion and send people through the door for that business. We will be looking for engaging content. You must include the hashtag #cairnseyesocialbutterfly to be considered.
- Get your contacts to ‘vote’ for your entry. This role requires a person who can build a following, hype and excitement so this is your chance to show us your ability!
– 1 March 2017: Entries open at 1201am
– 1 March 2017: Voting opens at 12.01am
– 31 March 2017: Entries close at 1159pm
– 9 April 2017: Voting closes at 1159pm
– 10 April 2017: We will shortlist the entries based on the number of public votes.
– 11-12 April 2017: Resume, reference and social profile checks (must have ready to supply to Social Butterfly Marketing by 6 April 2017)
– 13 April 2017: Judging panel select winner and 2 x runners up. Judging Panel consists of the team at Cairns Eye, Social Butterfly Marketing and Miller Harris Lawyers.
– 22 April 2017: Winner will be announced on 22nd April 2017 at the Crowning Ceremony Event on the rooftop at the Pacific Hotel from 1745-2000. The official after party will be at The Pier Bar from 2030pm till late! Note: Finalists must be present to be considered for the role.
– 1 May 2017 – 30 April 2018 is your contracted period.
** TERMS AND CONDITIONS
– Applicants must be at least 18 years of age
– Male and female invited to apply
– Resume with 3 x references and links to all social media profiles must be available on request from 6 April
– Must be available to attend Crowning Ceremony and official after party on 22nd April from 5pm – 11pm
– Must be able to commit to 1 year contract from 1 May 2017 – 30 April 2018
It is imperative that you look over the position contract to ensure you can meet all expectations of the role. As a side note, you will be required to work 8 hours every Monday for the duration of the contract. You will be required to attend events during the day and night according to the Cairns Eye – Social Butterfly 2017 campaign, sponsor calendar. This means you will be working erratic hours throughout your contract period. As the face of the campaign, it is imperative that you commit 100% to this role and the schedule.